What is Marma Reflexology?
Marma Reflexology is a subset of Ayurveda, the oldest holistic healing system, developed in India over 3,000 years ago. Marma is built on the foundation that health is a balance of mind, body, and spirit. Marma Reflexology addresses the junctions in the body where two or more types of tissue meet, i.e. bones, muscles, ligaments, fascia, veins, etc.
Energy can become blocked at any one of these points. Light pressure on the skin by a trained practitioner can release the blockages, with benefits felt in the physical body as well as in the emotional and mental states. Some of the benefits of Marma Reflexology include:
- Relief from chronic or acute pain, both locally and referred pain.
- Detoxification at all levels.
- Significant improvement in bodily/organ functions, especially immunity, digestive, respiratory, neural & psychological
- Healthier skin and a radiant appearance.
- Balanced body temperature
- Balanced doshas.
Benefits in mental and emotional states are created when neuro-chemicals such as serotonin, dopamine, and melatonin are released during a session.